The Benefits of Food Combining
Food combining, when done correctly, has been shown to improve health, assist in digestion and help with weight loss. At OHI, it’s one of the key principles of a clean, healthy diet.
What is Food Combining?
Food combining is the practice of eating specific foods together, or separately, in order to maximize the health benefits of certain combinations.
Principles of optimum food combining:
- Drink each type of liquid alone.
- Eat protein only with low-starch vegetables, greens, sprouts and pre-digested foods.
- Eat fruit alone or with green vegetables
- Eat dense starches only with low- starch vegetables, greens, sprouts and pre-digested foods.
- Eat melons alone
Benefits of Food Combining:
- Less Gas/Bloating – So much of the bloating and discomfort you feel after certain meals is the result of improperly combined foods. Combining foods correctly will significantly reduce the abdominal discomfort that comes from digestive gas.
- More Energy – Improperly combined foods are harder to digest, which means they can leave you feeling sluggish and weighed down. But because food combining promotes smoother, more efficient digestion, your body will naturally have more energy left over after each meal.
- Anti-Aging – Food combining improves your body’s ability to absorb essential vitamins and nutrients, which helps fight the aging process in a number of different ways, including promoting joint health, better vision, and brighter, healthier skin and hair.
- Weight Loss – Although food combining has a whole laundry list of health benefits, it first came into the public consciousness as a healthy alternative to popular diet fads and weight loss solutions. That’s because properly combined foods are easier for your body to assimilate, which means your body is able to metabolize them more efficiently, reducing the amount that is converted into stored fat.
One final tip: Food combining works best with higher quality, optimal foods. At OHI, we recommend using raw, organically grown fruits and vegetables as much as possible to get the most out of every bite.
Come experience true healthy food combining with a one, two or three-week stay at our healing missions, OHI San Diego and OHI Austin in Texas. Our caring staff is eager to give you the unconditional support, inspiration and transformational tools you require to bring your body, mind, and spirit into healthy balance in a serene, peaceful setting. Help us celebrate 40 Years of Holistic Healing. Visit our website at www.optimumhealth.org , and call us at (800) 993-4325 to make your reservation.