Maintaining a Detox Diet
So you’ve just spent a week or two or three at the Optimum Health Institute (OHI) healing mission in San Diego or Austin, Texas. You’ve only eaten live, raw, fresh organic vegan meals, you completed a 24-hour juice fast, you’ve done enemas and wheatgrass juice implants, and you feel like a million bucks.
Those cravings for sugar have given way to cravings for crunchy vegetables, your energy level is off the charts, and you’re happier, more spiritually enriched and more at peace than ever.
Congratulations! But…now what? How do you keep that healthy glow going?
The first step is acknowledging that you’re off to a great start – but realizing it’s just that – a start. Years of poor food combining and consuming animal flesh, alcohol, sodas, processed foods, caffeine or other unhealthy choices won’t be resolved in a few weeks. It may require adhering to an all-raw diet high in fiber and nutrients, and the appropriate fluids, for three or more months to completely purge and then rebuild your body. The good news it, it’s completely doable. Let’s break it down.
What is your motivation for transforming your lifestyle? Are you working to resolve a major health opportunity? Do you want more energy to keep up with your family and friends? Do you want to maintain that mental clarity and spiritual rejuvenation you experienced at OHI? Would you just like to look and feel healthier? Find that driving force, and keep it top of mind.
Next, know that as part of the growing OHI community, you have access to materials to inform, encourage and inspire you on your journey to optimum health.
One important tool OHI has created is “The Detoxification Seven” – the essential elements for successfully continuing your commitment to bringing your body into healthy balance:
- Drink 2 ounces of freshly squeezed wheatgrass juice twice daily.
- Drink rejuvelac daily to aid digestion and elimination.
- Do one enema and two implants daily until your colon is clean. Quickly eliminating the food you recently digested is an indication of a clean colon.
- Do a fresh juice fast one day a week. Take one enema and two implants on your juicing day.
- Drink eight classes of pure water daily.
- Eat sprouts; fresh vegetables and fruits; buckwheat and sunflower greens; sauerkraut; seed sauces; sprouted grains and seeds, and foods dehydrated at 105 ° F to preserve live enzymes.
- On the regular detoxification diet eat all vegetables, except for two fruit meals or 4 melon meals per week. For the hypo detoxification diet, eliminate all fruits, melons and sweet vegetables, like carrots, beets and jicama.
Besides these essential steps to adhering to a healing detoxification diet, OHI’s closing class provides you with a list of daily food requirements for adequate nutrition, a sample weekly menu plan, tips for choosing the best produce and detailed instructions on how to transition to a maintenance diet.
You’ll receive support in setting achievable goals, exercising the power of positive thinking, and creating an action plan to reconnect to your spiritual source.
Through OHI’s growing social media presence, you’ll have access to continuing encouragement and inspiration. Connect with OHI’s Facebook page for ongoing support, new recipes, and the latest discounts and incentives for your next visit. You can also share your own journey, and inspire and motivate others on a healing path.
Experience the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual benefits of a detoxification food plan during your stay at an Optimum Health Institute healing mission in San Diego or Austin, Texas. Our caring team will support your journey and share the tools you need to continue the holistic lifestyle program at home. To learn more about OHI, visit our website at www.OptimumHealth.org. To make your reservation, call us at (800) 993-4325.